Pattern Free socks with Katrina (In Person)
Classes will take place in store on Thursday, June 23rd and Thursday, June 30th, 6:00 – 8:00pm EST (4 hours).
In this class you will learn how to knit a pair of socks that fit you well without a pattern. You will measure your gauge from a homework swatch and then use some basic instructions and measurements to knit a top-down sock that fits comfortably. The goal of this class is to give you the confidence to knit a pair of socks with any yarn and needles without having to use a pattern.
- Must be comfortable with knitting, purling, and decreases. Should be familiar with sock construction.
Materials (Please bring to class)
- Your gauge swatch
- 100g ball of yarn in the weight you have chosen
- The needles used to create your gauge swatch
- Measuring tape.
- You can use sock weight yarn, or any gauge you would like to create your socks in but we suggest a heavier weight (dk or worsted) for this class and avoid dark colours.
Duration & Format
- 2 in person classes (4 hours)
- All classes require a minimum of 3 students so invite a friend to come with you!
- In the event that the minimum is not met, you will receive an email notification 5 days before the class to notify you that the class has been rescheduled/cancelled.
- In accordance with provincial guidelines, masks will not be mandatory. It will be left up to the individual teachers and students to decide if they want to wear one.